Bobbi Pack (May. 13, 2014) We all remember the old saying, “The best things in life are FREE” but what can someone do for free that is actually …. well ….. uummm …. fun? After doing a little research over the four day weekend we had at Bragg I have come up with a few ideas on how to explore the cheap fun things to do with your family.
Here they are:
- Take a bicycle trip
- Make homemade ice cream or visit an ice cream parlor
- Bake a double batch of cookies and play ding-dong-ditch with a family in your neighborhood
- Visit an airport and watch the planes take off and land, or go to a lake and watch the boats, while you have a picnic. 🙂
- Go on a picnic
- Go to a park and hike or climb trees
- Make popcorn-maybe even caramel corn
- Go on a leaf hunt around the post
- Plan a scavenger hunt for outside. Or plan one for in the house using every letter of the alphabet.
- Bake plain sugar cookies and let each member of the family take part in decorating them. This is so much fun!
- Make homemade play-doh
- Read a good book aloud
- Look through photo albums or movies
- Play miniature golf or croquet
- Visit the local dog boarding kennel and volunteer
Regardless of what you do for fun you will have a blast with your family. What do you do for fun? What have you done with your family that will not break the bank, but will break smiles out on everyone’s faces? Remember you do not have to spend a ton of $$$$ to have a good time … just think outside the box!